Billing and Insurance Review
- Q. Cash Flow is the movement of monies into or out of a business
- Q. Accounts Payable is a thirdparty's operating expenses
- Q. Health information technology (HIT) is computer information systems that record, store, and manage patient information?
- Q. practice management program(s) (PMP) is/are...
- Q. What is the difference between noncovered services and excluded services?
- Q. A policy holder is...
- Q. An indemnity plan is a health plan that reimburses a policyholder for medical services under the terms of its schedule of benefits
- Q. A fee-for-service is a...
- Q. A referral is the transfer of patient care from one physician to another
- Q. Point of service is...
- Q. A billing and coding specialist is reviewing a RA for a commercial health care plan. The physician is a participationg provider. Under the contract with the commercial plan, which of the following determines payment for each code.
- Q. A hospital's list of codes and charges for it services is a charge master
- Q. You code coexisting conditions before primary diagnosis
- Q. acute symptoms have a long duration
- Q. _ are conditions that remain after a patient's acute illness of injury has ended
- Q. a principal diagnosis in impatient coding, the condition established after study to be chiefly responsible for the admission of the patient to a hospital
- Q. CC stands for ____ (in reference to coding steps for medical documentation)
- Q. a claim scrubber is software that checks for patient eligibility for insurance
- Q. A patient signs an assignment of benefits to authorize
- Q. TPO stands for
- Q. (COB) Coordination of Benefits explains
- Q. A principle diagnosis in inpatient coding. the condition established after study to be chiefly responsible for the admission of the patient to a hospital
- Q. A global package is....
- Q. Redetermination is the second step in a Medicare Appeal
- Q. An appeal is ...