Nephro Pearls Pre-Quiz
- Q. What year are you in internal medicine training?
- Q. How would you begin to replete bicarbonate in a patient with diarrhea, NAGMA with pH of 7.08, pCO2 30, HCO3 of 10?
- Q. How many tablets of sodium bicarbonate (650 mg) should it take to replete a bicarbonate deficit of 160 mEq?
- Q. I would start a bicarbonate drip on a patient with pH 7.2, pCO2 30, HCO3 12 and lactate of 15 from septic shock on who is already on a ventilator and CRRT.
- Q. Based on the available data, how would you anticoagulate a dialysis patient with non-valvular atrial fibrillation?