Refugee Vocabulary Flashcards
- Q. someone who lacks energy, grows weak or feeble
- Q. a short and amusing or interesting story about a real incident or person.
- Q. extremely or unusually small
- Q. a fair, objective attitude toward opinions, beliefs, and practices that differ from one's own.
- Q. something that becomes smaller or less; it decreases in size, amount, length, or quality
- Q. to stare in a rude way
- Q. swing or move their arms and legs in a wild, uncontrolled way
- Q. to have a short-lived expression of embarrassment or pain
- Q. to speak with many pauses or repetitions because there is a speech problem or if there is someone who is nervous, frightened
- Q. not neat or even; it shows a rugged appearance
- Q. someone who flees to a new country to escape war, for political or religious reasons.
- Q. very dirty and unpleasant
- Q. very thin and light
- Q. walking in an awkward, unsteady way without lifting your feet very high off the ground
- Q. very wonderful or amazing like a miracle
- Q. you criticize someone harshly for doing something wrong.
- Q. lessen someone's sadness or disappointment
- Q. someone who is extremely sad and cannot be comforted
- Q. someone who moves to a country to take up permanent residence
- Q. to become smaller
- Q. to quickly move away from something that is shocking, frightening, or disgusting
- Q. a short period of time when you are able to stop doing something that is difficult or unpleasant; or that is delayed.
- Q. to be unable to talk or express yourself in a way that can be easily understood.